Monday, January 19, 2009

Prayerful Reflection



This is a prayer I wrote for myself in the summer of 2008 to help me through a lot of fears and worries, specifically of uncertainty and the future. I placed it right beside my bed, as well as on my bathroom mirror, repeating it and experiencing it with my heart, surrendering my life to God and letting Him inside my being so that I could believe what the words were guiding me to learn and in turn, grow from. Today I have more faith and trust in God and have let go of my worries, for I know that my future is glorious. I pray that each day I am living his will, whatever that may be, and that I can forever and always be a true expression of his love and grace, for myself and for others. I hope this prayer will enrich your spirit just as it did mine and make you feel an all-encompassing love, from my heart to yours, and ultimately, from God. 

Dear God,

Thank you for the blessing of today. Thank you for the beauty of knowing that whatever happens, it will be a day with many things to be thankful for, regardless of what they are or what way, shape or form they take in my life.

I pray that I am living your will Lord, whether I know what that is or not. I trust that right now I am where I am meant to be. I trust that only you know what is best for me and that you will, in time, reveal that to me. I have faith that whatever happens, I will be so loved and everything will be okay because in this moment, everything already is okay and I am already so loved.

I pray for strength as I continue to grow. I pray for a purer, deeper and more genuine love to forever keep giving myself and others. I pray for peace in my heart as I try to live in the present moment. I pray for hope that you may open the eyes of my heart so wide that I may see your purpose revealed to me in your many beautiful ways as I grow. I pray for trust in you and your guidance because you know what is best for me. I pray for faith that everything is as it is meant to be and will forever be okay. 

I ask that you pour your blessings upon the heart, mind and soul that is within me. I ask that you pleace bless all things and people around me, especially my loved ones. I also ask for guidance in being my true self so that the love that goes out to others from my heart comes from you and only you.

Please help me to "be" free always, in all ways. You have a purpose for me. I cannot wait for that purpose to unfold today in all the ways it is meant to unfold. You and your love are certain. I have faith. I trust in you.

I love you Florence
I love you God
I love you life

In Jesus' name I pray,

with everything that I am,

with so much love,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment